Learning and Teaching is the core purpose of what we do. High quality learning and teaching are what we want for every student.
Our approach to learning and teaching is outlined below:
- Learning is planned to provide the pupil with the correct level of support, stretch and challenge.
- Pupils are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Learning is connected to what pupils already know and have experienced.
- Learning develops key skills, attitudes and dispositions, as well as the acquisition of knowledge.
- Assessment is not only used to measure progress and also to help pupils take the next step in their learning.
- Learning is effective when student behaviour is managed in a positive way.
- Pupils are developed as life long learners.